Bay window wall help wanted please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
The property has a bay window ground and 1st floor. The pebbledash on the upper bay was cracked and got rendered over rather than them risk hacking it off and uncovering a problem. This was 4-5 years ago.
Past few years now it's getting wet on the side that the weather hits. When its driving rain, the plasterboard is wet, the floorboards upstairs are wet, the ceilingntonthebbaybdownstairs has started showing wer patches, they windowsill downstairs gets wet in one corner.
I've resealed all around downstairs bay window / door, which helped but not still areas that are wet after heavy rain last night. Didn't do upstairs as broke my wrist. The new render had cracked so siliconed down that crack 2 years ago.
There is a 1cm gap between upstairs inner plasterboard of the bay, and the brick wall.
The house was built 1936 and faces the sea, and that corner takes all of the weather.
Is it a rebuild job? And if so how many thousands would that likely cost. Or is there more I can do.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back