BBC electricians

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Every episode of eastenders.
There is always a close up of someone behind the bar in the pub, standing by an old 6 way wylex metalclad board with old style push in mcb's.
In some shots they are all on , sometimes 1 is off and sometimes 2 is off.
Anyone else noticed
Do you think it is the electricians having a laugh

Sponsored Links
Maybe cheap bulbs from the market keep taking out the breakers when they fail ;)

They may even connect it up one day ;)
The chandeleirs look professionally connected up though, must have been a handsome,intelligent, brilliant sparks that did those ;)

Sponsored Links
I did my HND with a ex BBC electricain he was practical joker!
wasnt from the lighting workshop by any chance was he? got up to many practical jokes due to long boring evenings waiting around for shows to come "off air"

to be honest i havnt watched eastenders since i was forced to when working on it and i'm not sure if they are still the original lights hanging up there? if they are they should be due for a rewire soon must be a good 20 years or more since they were connected.

The chandeleirs look professionally connected up though, must have been a handsome,intelligent, brilliant sparks that did those ;)

They all went off in one episode and they called in an electrician though!
:LOL:

They all went off in one episode and they called in an electrician though!
:LOL:
That'll be the lighting console ops fault ;) mind you hope the electrician had a union ticket otherwise there might be a strike (fat chance :) )

Tim
did you know a richard G who worked there about twenty years ago, he would have been about 30 years old then.

Tim
did you know a richard G who worked there about twenty years ago, he would have been about 30 years old then.
name doesnt ring a bell?
was he staff? as a sparks?
He may have been on the house services side BES as it was known then or later Building services and nowadays as Norlands ;) , i was in the studios

I would not know, i worked with him when I was an apprentice, when we got made redundant, his friend got him a job at the BBC as an "electrician" and I have not seen him since.
He was very involved with the union and stuff at the time, so if you had met him you would most likely remember him.

I cant honestly remember the name, was he a steward there? are you allowed to mention his surname it might jolt my memory

:LOL: the queen vic he went into up on the lot is just basically an empty shell inside, the grey garage to the left of the green garage was one of our lighting stores where we kept the flags, sandbags, poly etc for filming

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back