BBU fires for a min or two, then cuts off, any idea?

Also i didnt want to strip down a fire to get to a BBU at 7pm at night especially when it's cold and the dear old lady would freeze.. My first plan tomorrow is to phone up the manufacturers and diagnose the boiler fault over the phone with them, then repair it.

So rather than look at the boiler you have left the lady with no heating apart from the firefront?

How do you charge for these multiple visits and changing parts without having diagnosed that they are even at fault?

How do I charge? I don't charge.... Its for a friend after I've been grafting all day I popped in on my way home.

I work direct for a company. Stop assuming things. If you can't help, don't post.
Tony

Sponsored Links
It does not matter if a fault is common or not if you have been engaged to fix it.

There cannot be many different faults on a simple BBU.

Flow can be immediately quantified by measuring the Δ T across the boiler.

Hardly worth knocking on the door if you are not going to see what the fault is likely to be. For an old dear even more important to get it fixed for her when its probably freezing outside. Ice on some cars in London tonight but its +1.0C outside here.

Tony

It does not matter if a fault is common or not if you have been engaged to fix it.

There cannot be many different faults on a simple BBU.

Flow can be immediately quantified by measuring the Δ T across the boiler.

Hardly worth knocking on the door if you are not going to see what the fault is likely to be. For an old dear even more important to get it fixed for her when its probably freezing outside. Ice on some cars in London tonight but its +1.0C outside here.

Tony

I'll sort the simple fault tomorrow for free and not rip her off.

Sponsored Links
[quote="GasSafeTony";p="2280531"]
FiremanT";p="2280495[i][b] said:

Try the old magnet trick
[/b]

Oh you mean at the aerjec will try that, I doubt its that but you never know.[/quote][/i

Actually, most of us DO know it is one of the most common causes.[/quote]

I highly doubt it is in this case though[/quote]

OK fair enough. You are clearly an expert, so I don't
think much more help will be forthcoming. The first thing I said was we need me more info. Are you now saying that the PILOT cuts out?

FFS can you lot learn how to use the quote tags when you are bltching each other!

And Tony... stop throwing your company policy at all and sundry as if it is the only way to treat customers.... It's not fair bud. It is not the only way of doing things.

Service the boiler it sounds more like a dirty pilot etc ,

Gas safe tony ignore Agile he is having a dig at you but forgets he had to ask a really technical question himself in the past couple of weeks

HOW DO I HANG A BOILER.

Perhaps he explained to that old dear hopefully you wont be cold much longer as i am waiting for a reply from the internet before i proceed with your boiler install.

Don't bitch!

Have you looked at the mid-position valve? Failed motor, swollen ball? Presumably you've checked that the pump is running and water is circulating?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back