BCO visits

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, I'm due my last BCO visit for a knock through and kitchen install.

The only work on the notice was the knock through, conversion to a vaulted ceiling and install of French doors.

I've put in extra lights and sockets. These are not notifiable, but the BCO will see them when they come round. Will they be bothered by them? Or will they just ignore? Or does it depend on the character of the BCO?

Sponsored Links
Kitchen electrics are notifiable or need a Part P self certification only of a new circuit is installed.

If in the non kitchen area and attached to the existing ring then no, they wont be interested.

Kitchen electrics are notifiable or need a Part P self certification only of a new circuit is installed.

If in the non kitchen area and attached to the existing ring then no, they wont be interested.
Hi Woody, not sure if it's a typo or my brain, but your first sentence doesn't make sense to me.

The sockets are in the kitchen area, but I thought kitchens were removed from being a special location. Either way they are all on an existing circuit

Hi Woody, not sure if it's a typo or my brain, but your first sentence doesn't make sense to me.

The sockets are in the kitchen area, but I thought kitchens were removed from being a special location. Either way they are all on an existing circuit

Your brain :p

The only notifiable work in a kitchen is a new circuit.

Sponsored Links
So even if the work isn't notifiable, could he still ask for an installation certificate, when it's not included on the building notice?

Just worried I will have to rip stuff out to let a sparky re do it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back