BDR91 Install, No Power

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have a Worcester 28si Combi Boiler, my current thermostat is a T6306 and I am replacing it with an Evo Home.

When I isolated the power, removed the existing stat I found three wires connected; the wires were a perm live, switched live and a Neutral - the existing wires were located in the following terminals on the T6306:
Perm Live - 1
Switched Live - 3
Neutral - 2

I fit the BDR91 and setup the wiring as follows:
Perm live - first L terminal
Neutral - N terminal
Switched live - B terminal
and I then linked the second L terminal to the A terminal.

I fit the PCB cover, turned on the power to the boiler which was fine but the BDR91 had no lights active (no power) I tried holding down the button to get into sync mode with the Evo but again no power.

I thought maybe the BDR was dead so I went and purchased another but again in the same setup the boiler had power but the BDR didn't so I could call for heat.

Does anybody know what I can do?

P.s I set the boiler to always on and not on a timer.

Sponsored Links
If you have a multimeter check to see if you have 240vac at the bdr.

Thanks for the reply, I have a multimeter and should of said, the cable going into the first L shows power when connected to the BDR; when it was connected to the T6306 it also showed power when connected to terminal 1 (I should of mentioned that in original post so please accept my apologies).

To be honest I don't want to mess with the boiler wiring which is why I set boiler to always on and linked second L to A.

Sponsored Links
have a look and see if you have bent the pins on the back of the bdr.

no bent pins, both BDR's (original and new one I bought thinking the first was dead) are pristine; no bent pins or damage.

Remove BDR from backplate and link A to B (leave L to A link in place). The boiler should light.

If it doesn't move the L/A link to the other L terminal and try again.

Is it safe to have all those links?

So to confirm, try:
Neutral to N
Perm Live to first L
Link second L to A
Switched Live to B
Link A to B

Is it safe to have all those links?

So to confirm, try:
Neutral to N
Perm Live to first L
Link second L to A
Switched Live to B
Link A to B
I didn't say that, the rest is correct.

I did say that if the boiler still did not light, try linking the first L to A, instead of 2nd L.

If the boiler now works, remove the link between A and B (leave link between L1 and A), replace BDR and check if boiler works.

If it doesn't, the BDR is faulty.

Sorry, I am confused because I don't know where you want me to put the switched live?

Ok I tried this and still nothing so I purchased a 3rd bdr91 and still the same so it can't be the bdr91... I must be missing something.

When it's connected I am getting power on the live and the second l linked to a

If you remove the stat completely for a moment and join live to switched live with a connector block I assume the boiler starts??

If so do you have full 240 or so volts between live and neutral?

Yes I'm changing the back plate each time, using fully the newer bdr each try.

I connected the perm and switched live to each L terminal and boiler started. I'm getting 258v across the live?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back