Bedding new inspection chamber

A straight run is preferred but not essential.

Thanks again Hugh, one minor irritation I've come across is can't seem to find brown in less than 3m lengths, which is really annoying because I've got a small car.
Hilarious.
I doubt the pipe manufacturers had small car owners in mind when deciding upon pipe lengths. You are lucky they don't just exclusively make 6m pipes!

Look on the bright side, longer lengths means less connectors and a smoother run. Get a bigger car, borrow a van or get 'em delivered.

I once witnessed (this is straight up) 6m lengths being transported out of the sunroof of a vauxhall omega! By the time he arrived on site there were leaves and branches sticking out of the pipe ends.!! :eek:

Sponsored Links
If you can get a straight run in the stack then do so, regs state 'bends are best avoided in the wet section of a stack'. (For the very reasons you mention!) Dont forget it needs a long radius bend at the bottom. ;)

Sponsored Links
Thanks chaps I'm 50mm to far to the left but I can live with it, I didn't want the buggeration of bending the stack for the sake of that 50mm.

Last but not least is the floor, I've got 0.90m3 of concrete to pour, what would be the best way to achieve this? I'm short of the 1m3 for ready mixed so was going to hire a mixer but what ratios.. Cement + ballast suitable? What ratios?

Pics to come + thanks

Thanks everyone that helped me with this job.

Sadly I was to stressed out over the job to take proper progress pictures.
The photos don’t illustrate all the alterations, bedding of the pipes, DPM, etc.

I went with ready mixed concrete in the end, it was more expensive this way but it saved me having to buy the material in bags and hire a mixer, I just wanted to finish the job.

I repaired the DPM where I could with radon/bitumen tape together with jointing tape which I found to be very ineffective at sticking the sheeting down. It ended up looking like a bit of a patchwork quilt. There is a vapor barrier going on top of the concrete before the timber floor is laid to make certain no rising damp can affect the boards.

In hindsight there are things I could have done better and things I won’t do again. The objective was to get the job done, and although I didn’t have time to test the system, I made sure there were no actual leaks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back