Been quoted £150 labour for service and replacing parts.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 28i that hasn't been serviced in years.

It needs a full service and expansion vessel & PRV replacing. I have been quoted £150 labour and parts will be £100. He also mentioned that these greenstar juniors arnt the easiest to work with ?

The flu is mounted sideways so removing vessel won't be difficult.
Am based in Leicester so not London prices.

Does it sound about right ?

Sponsored Links
Good price.

My guy charges £115 for a major service. And £75 for a yearly.

I think the major is every 2 years.

Sponsored Links
Just make sure that you see proof that he is gas safe registered (NOT Corgi!).

Its losing pressure all the time, The air valve on the vessel blows out water and the overflow outside drips water
Well sorry but as you said it has never been serviced, probably just needs re-charging correctly, should be checked at every service, to be fair though far too many lazy so called engineers dont check it and dont know how to properly re-charge an EV, if I was in your shoes I would get Worcester to properly servive the boiler, not someone who presses in the schraeder valve and you will get value for your money

Am not sure where you'll al based but am in Leicester. (Northern to Londoners)

Ive rang a few engineers in my area and they're all quoting £150-£200 labour for service and changing parts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back