Been quoted £150 labour for service and replacing parts.

Well sorry but as you said it has never been serviced, probably just needs re-charging correctly, should be checked at every service, to be fair though far too many lazy so called engineers dont check it and dont know how to properly re-charge an EV, if I was in your shoes I would get Worcester to properly servive the boiler, not someone who presses in the schraeder valve and you will get value for your money

If the vessel valve is blowing out water when you press the schraeder valve then it means the diaphram is torn inside. It needs replacing.

Sponsored Links
try re-chaging it properly and you will see why, there is only one way to check an EV and it doesnt involve your finger

Sponsored Links
If the schrader is at the base of the vessel it's common to find 1/2 a cup or more of water on the air side from condensation (and perhaps slight migration of water through the diaphragm)...if the schraders above the base then water is normally an indication of a failed diaphragm.

If the schrader is at the base of the vessel it's common to find 1/2 a cup or more of water on the air side from condensation (and perhaps slight migration of water through the diaphragm)...if the schraders above the base then water is normally an indication of a failed diaphragm.

The valve is at the top of the boiler

I'm assuming this is a Junior.....the vessels are undersized and poor quality...they loose significant pressure in a year.
That's a good price...make sure you are getting the electrodes, burner gasket, bearing plate (a one way flappy rubber valve disc) changed. I would also replace the rubber gas hose (they split), sump rubber seal and condensate trap seals (if the later type). If the auto air vent is leaking (they often are) replace that too. All those bits are inexpensive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back