Been told off!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was painting the back fence this afternoon when my eldest grand daughter (4) turned up with her mum.

"What you doing grandad?"
"Painting the fence babe so it doesn't rot and fall down."
"Can I help."
"No, you'll get paint on your new dress."
"No I won't I'll be careful."
"Yes you will, then your mummy will shout at me."
"Pleeeeease, grandad, I'll be careful."
"Maybe next week when I do the shed."
Walks off huffy mumbling about wanting to help.

Bit later I've finished the fence and decided to do the shed. (She'd been popping over every so often to 'check I was doing it right', in her words! :eek:

So I start doing the shed when she suddenly appears with an old pair of jeans and top on and holding a ½" paintbrush.

"What you doing babe?"
"You said I could help you paint the shed so I've got changed and now," (she takes a big breath), "I'm going to show you how to do it properly!"

:eek: One grandad suitably chastised! :LOL: :LOL:
I was almost rolling over with laughter because she was so serious in what she was saying!

Sponsored Links
But I had to do the high bits! :LOL:

I can't do anything without her getting involved.

PS Nice to see you back. ;)

Sponsored Links
But I had to do the high bits! :LOL:

I can't do anything without her getting involved.

PS Nice to see you back. ;)
And you love it. Nice story conny and nice to have the weather to start getting in the garden! :D

Had the three of them down for tea last night.
Littlest is 18months old but thinks she's as clever as the other 2, both just turned 4. They go on the swings, she has to have a go, they go on the rocking sealions she has to. They go on the 6'wavy slide we have also got so she has to go. Turned my back for a minute while I gave Joshua a push on the swing and when I turned round she had climbed the ladder and was about to go down the slide on her own! Before I could get across the garden, and its only a small one, she had let go and flew down it lauging as she landed on the grass at the bottom! I'm not kidding, you can't blink without one of them getting up to something! Certainly keep me fit though!

Conny
That's reminded me of a time when I was building the gable wall on our new garage. My youngest Kate appeared at the top of a ladder offering me a crisp :eek: she was 2 at the time :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back