sneaky ciggy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Caroline has given up smoking... but she hasnt! I know she still smokes but by saying nothing she will continue to smoke out of sight which means she's cut back, well I'm not her jailer and if she wants to smoke I can't stop her but it means shes being dishonest, what should I do? leave her to carry on with the occasional ciggy when she gets the chance or confront her which could mean she goes back to her old ways, shes also likely to find more and more reasons to get away from me so that she can have a cig, I could end up as the enemy so what do you think guys?
p.s I've found her stash and there's a new packet of baccy there so she has no intentions of stopping. :eek: :confused: :cry: :rolleyes: ;)

Sponsored Links
Confront her.

Tell her that you are disappointed that she has not given up, and you wish she would, and that you will do what you can to help her, but that what hurts the most is that she is lying to you.

How about when you're out for a drink with some friends (and your wife), tell everyone how well she's doing and how impressed you are and see if that makes her crack. Then you can start talking about it......

And if she maintains her poker face, she's probably been lying to you about all sorts over the years, so the smoking's the least of your worries. ;)

Do a search on here - put "smoking" in the first box and "ninebob" in the author box, it'll show you 5 previous topics which should give you an idea of the extent of my former problem.

Then, trust me on this: buy Caroline the book "Easy way to stop smoking" by Allen Carr.

I only wish I'd read it sooner. Everything else I'd tried had failed, but the book has worked a treat. I won't say what it's contents are because I'll probably spoil it by not wording it correctly or putting it in the right order, but there are no scare tactics (i.e. telling us what we already know about health etc), it just reveals the real reason why smokers smoke and painlessly removes the desire to do so.

I cannot recommend it enough.

http://allencarr.com/central/article/36/the-allen-carr-method

Sponsored Links
ninebob, I remember your thread and I got that book on the strength of it at the time but she's never read it!!

johnny_t, I've already tried that and she ''maintains her poker face'' :LOL: and she tells me the milkman is gay when I keep finding him hiding in the wardrobe.

I want to go with you bas but something tell's me that there is a better way.
:cool:

Leave a little love note in her baccy pouch.

(This is not intended to be any sort of euphemism, btw)

johnny_t said:
Leave a little love note in her baccy pouch.

(This is not intended to be any sort of euphemism, btw)

:LOL: nice one
''my darling I love your ashtray breath''
I might go with that one, maybe leave a note saying ''I know what your up to but don't mind as long as we get the odd free pint of milk'' :LOL: :LOL: no! I was thinking more of saying ''I know your sneaking the odd ciggy and I'm good with it but please read that book I gave you, that ninebob recommended, as well as ''I loves ya honey'' and don't want you to die a nasty lung cancer death from them nasty ciggies.
and p.s any chance of sex tonight?. :LOL:

Sadly, women lie to men all the time.

However you are under no obligation to support her in this by pretending you believe her.

JohnD said:
Sadly, women lie to men all the time.

However you are under no obligation to support her in this by pretending you believe her.
I'll start divorce proceedings right away, thanks JonD you've been a real help :LOL:

She'll be right mate ! Just let it roll ... Perhaps that is why you are together - C does what the family needs, followed by C does for herself ... You love her for that... Not what R wants- all of the time... Imagine, "Dicky should I this?.. can I that?.." 'k me !! You'd swim West without a vest after a week ...
:D

how about telling her about a cautionary tale of a guy you know who had a a heart by pass who kept on smoking and died sooner rather than later SHOCK HER :eek: :eek: :eek:

Play it smart. Keep telling her how proud you are of her giving up and how much better you feel knowing that she won't be leaving you in a hurry (in a box). It might just make the difference.

Sponsored Links
Back