Cant get the staff

Join Tesco, is this the third single most invaluable comment on this site?
:D

Sponsored Links
Blasphemous, cheers for the long post. They say retail never leaves you, you just proved it :LOL: It gets into your blood. As far as our stores sales are going, we're averaging £32,500 a week. Budget of about £33,000. So slightly underperforming. Manhours are under budget! We have 414 to use, currently using about 400. Waste is a major issue. lol. currently running about 3%, budget of 2.4%. (On the subject of manhours, we have a massive underspend year to date, so we are trying to use extra hours to compensate so they dont cut us back next year)

The person I spoke of earlier, the supervisor, has a track record of letting us down, wanting to leave early. The manager has told me he wants her to leave. The truth is she wants to leave, but cant get a job elsewhere. She has a bit of a reputation locally. Everyone knows her. :LOL: The manager doesnt stand up to her. If procedure had been followed, in my opinion, she'd have been demoted to CSA by now (lowest in ranks), but nobody dares stand up to her. I think she hates the fact that me and the manager are both male.

Other things she does are drag other staff outside for half-hour cigarette breaks (she doesnt smoke), get her priorities mixed up when shes in charge, so a chilled delivery is still not put away after 7 hours, stands and talks to people she knows in the shop for an hour at a time (then complains theres no staff and she cant get everything done in time)

I know something for a fact, when the other supervisor gets the duty managers job, she will be very ****ed off. :LOL: And I wont be around to see it :cry: :LOL:

Blasphemous, cheers for the long post. They say retail never leaves you, you just proved it :LOL: It gets into your blood. As far as our stores sales are going, we're averaging £32,500 a week. Budget of about £33,000. So slightly underperforming. Manhours are under budget! We have 414 to use, currently using about 400. Waste is a major issue. lol. currently running about 3%, budget of 2.4%. (On the subject of manhours, we have a massive underspend year to date, so we are trying to use extra hours to compensate so they dont cut us back next year)

The person I spoke of earlier, the supervisor, has a track record of letting us down, wanting to leave early. The manager has told me he wants her to leave. The truth is she wants to leave, but cant get a job elsewhere. She has a bit of a reputation locally. Everyone knows her. :LOL: The manager doesnt stand up to her. If procedure had been followed, in my opinion, she'd have been demoted to CSA by now (lowest in ranks), but nobody dares stand up to her. I think she hates the fact that me and the manager are both male.

Other things she does are drag other staff outside for half-hour cigarette breaks (she doesnt smoke), get her priorities mixed up when shes in charge, so a chilled delivery is still not put away after 7 hours, stands and talks to people she knows in the shop for an hour at a time (then complains theres no staff and she cant get everything done in time)

I know something for a fact, when the other supervisor gets the duty managers job, she will be very p****d off. :LOL: And I wont be around to see it :cry: :LOL:
No problem about the long post Steve, nice to get things of ya chest. ;) You're right about retail in the blood though! Its a strange thing.

I'm not 'up' on the average takings for Convenience Stores but you and the Store Manager are right to 'fill those hours' this period as they will nail you for it in next years plan!!!

Have you not got a HR department? They could advise your Store Manager as to the best way forward with this girl. I have to say however, if he hasn't 'managed' her correctly so far then trying to 'manage her out of the business' now will be difficult. Her defense will be, well I haven't changed and I've never been spoken to about 'failings' before so why am I being spoken to now. Fair enough she's just a lazy cow by the sounds of things but you and others are now struggling due to your Store Manager's failings in not putting her right initially.

a chilled delivery is still not put away after 7 hours
Nice to see 'Chill Chain' is still being adhered to these days! :eek: :D

Sponsored Links
Back