beer and DIY

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When I were a lad I came home from the pub one night, reasonably well popped up..and decided..cos I was in a reet good mood..to wallpaper the small bathroom I had there and then...I was so proud of my wallpapering when I eventually got to bed about 3 am.

When I awoke next day and the fog had cleared a little from the grey matter I was horrified to see I had not put a single strip of wallpaper on even remotely straight. I think the Tate gallery would have paid good money for my appalling efforts.

moral of story..Beer and decorating rarely go together. My mates used to come round specially to view my 'Modern Art' and plenty of laughs were had..quite deservedly..at my stupidity.. When i'd saved a few pennies..I redecorated PDQ.

Sponsored Links
Well I sometimes have a little drink because in some ways it helps me. I find I can get the job done a bit quicker because it gives me a feeling where I want to move my arms and legs faster. The only trouble is when I'm doing a particular task where my hands have to be really steady; for example, painting the edge of a wall.

I don't drink all the time though. I just save it until I've finished doing what I'm doing :D. Ok, it helps me to feel more confident and speed up, but it hinders my concentration. Ah, I can't win lol.

A painter and decorator friend of mine takes cider to work in a big flask.

I hope it's for his lunchtime break after he's finished? :LOL:

When I were a lad

How old was you at the time? One day in the future when I'm older, I'll probably back on things like this that I've done too :). And then we'll all think to ourselves how much we've learned and progressed through over our time of DIY/ building/ etc. etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back