Behringer 1C Monitor Speakers

Sponsored Links
What are you wanting them for, home system??
Thought I'd point out the term monitor is for monitoring sound, nothing to do with bolting them to your PC screen!
They may be capable of 90dB spl however you'll need an amp capable of driving them to this.
I find Behringer OK in general and have a few bits of theirs, graphic, sound processor, lighting control desk, but are generally a budget range so expect to get what you pay for. I don't have any experience with their speakers (and the lighting desk is just plain awful).

I know there used in sound production I dont plan on using them to play MP3's, they retail at around £50-£60 what do you reckon there worth, there brand new in box dont think they have ever been plugged in

You can buy them new with a guarantee for £50-60, so you may get £25-30 for them.

Sponsored Links
The 90db rating is about the efficiency of the speakers. Basically means they convert more of the electrical signal from the amp into audio power.(loudness) For instance a speaker rated at 84db would need a 400w amp to create the same audio power as a 90db speaker with a 100w amp. A 100db rated speaker would produce the same audio power with only a 10w amp (approx)

The decibel scale is what is known as a logarithmic scale, where a difference of 3db is roughly equivalent to double or half the loudness IE 90db is double the loudness of 87db and 93db is double the loudness of 90db. ;) ;)

Erm....mumble that again, :LOL: :LOL:

Are they worth keeping if I ever decide I wanna rock some Logic or Cuebase tunes?

Or what about a yamaha full size keyboard, would these be better than the on-board speakers?

Well they're bigger than the Yam k/b speakers and the sound would be firing directly at you, so in that respect they're better, yes. The bass isn't all that though. It really depends what you want.

If you have these speakers then add a budget sub - one with speaker level through-connections so the amp connects with speaker wires to the sub (which acts as a crossover) then to the Behringers so you get some decent mid to lower k/b sounds. Alternatively sell them and buy some larger powered monitors.

Are they worth keeping if I ever decide I wanna rock some Logic or Cuebase tunes?

Or what about a yamaha full size keyboard, would these be better than the on-board speakers?
Hmm very few Yamaha keyboards would connect directly to the speakers (only ones I can think of are the Tyros series and they use active speakers as opposed to these). You could possibly open the keyboard up and connect into the speaker wiring of the keyboard (but depends on the impedance of the internal speakers compared to the Behringer ones)
I'd say it's possibly do-able, but would seek professional advice before doing it. Probably better to keep them and buy a small amp connected to your computer sound output for cubase etc. They are fairly efficient speakers (more so than bog standard ones) ;) ;) ;)

Hmm very few Yamaha keyboards would connect directly to the speakers (only ones I can think of are the Tyros series and they use active speakers as opposed to these). You could possibly open the keyboard up and connect into the speaker wiring of the keyboard (but depends on the impedance of the internal speakers compared to the Behringer ones)
I'd say it's possibly do-able, but would seek professional advice before doing it. Probably better to keep them and buy a small amp connected to your computer sound output for cubase etc. They are fairly efficient speakers (more so than bog standard ones) ;) ;) ;)

Surely the OP would just take Audio out from the keyboard to Line In on the active speakers, and control volume from the keyboard?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back