Being a parent = life sentence ?

My eldest daughter is 20 but still lives in the family home. I try to stand back with regards to her boyfriend - now. She is forging a successfull career and her bloke is a self employed chippie. He is doing fairly well. BUT, when thay have a disagreement, I'm always ready to have a go at him.

Parental love is not comparable. Its so strong, and when I hear stories of parents 'forgiving' their childrens partners for hurting their off-spring it makes my blood boil.

Scot.

That really sounds how I would be. Just not sure how to get over it, if indeed I can.

Sponsored Links
Had to edit that Boxclever, as it was mis-typed & explained poorly. But, yes I cannot agree more.

Personally, I wish not to get over this reality. Unconditional love is a wonderful thing and I would lose that if I was numb to the harsh realism of some 'parental' activity.

glad i dont have to worry about this....................................

IVE GOT 3 BOYS,the ones with the daughters have got to worry :LOL:

Had to edit that Boxclever, as it was mis-typed & explained poorly. But, yes I cannot agree more.

Personally, I wish not to get over this reality. Unconditional love is a wonderful thing and I would lose that if I was numb to the harsh realism of some 'parental' activity.

Hmmm, pretty much what I expected. So she's fooked, I'm fooked and any present or future partner will be fooked as well.

With the NHS as it is I'd better put my name down for a quadruple heart bypass ASAP. :eek:

Sponsored Links
glad i dont have to worry about this....................................

IVE GOT 3 BOYS,the ones with the daughters have got to worry :LOL:

Good luck Gregers. Assuming of course that none of your boys come into contact with one of my daughters that is :evil:

:LOL: :LOL:
well that depends BOX,as my eldest is 14 in april and hes in size 10 shoes already,even i (at 6'2 ) is beginning to feel A BIT SCARED lol.

My 2 brothers and I towered over my mum, she was 5'-½", (can never leave out that ½" :LOL: ), but believe me she knew how to make us kow-tow!
She was deadly with a slipper at 20 paces! :LOL: :LOL:

So as she used to say, "I don't care how tall or how old you are you are never too old for a clout!"

Box, all you can do is be there for her if things go sour mate. Its hard but we have to let them make their own mistakes in this world, they'll never listen to us because they know best and we were never their age. Its a fine line between giving them enough freedom to discover things and giving them too much that they get hurt. I very much doubt that anyone has ever got it perfectly right. We will all do the wrong thing at times and there will be times when she rebels against you, hates you and wishes you were dead but deep inside she will always love you as you love her and as long as she knows you are there for her she will come out the other side.

Good Luck mate.

I once heard someone say "by preventing them being sexual at home we condemn them to doing it in phone boxes and cemetries"

You won't stop them
First 'long term' girlfriend (she 17 through 19, me 19 thru' 21) her mother, father not around, swopped Bedrooms with the G/F. She said I have only 2 rules, You either leave before 1AM or stay until after 7AM; No 'bonking' anywhere else in the house. Reason she swopped bedroom was so that we didn't have to 'mess around' (G/F's mothers words) in dodgy spots in the car, I know you two are having 'bedroom fun'.
that's fine, that means that at least 4 months of the year they won't be doing anything as it's too cold... :LOL:
Disagree - just keep the car engine running and the heater turned up High!

My daughter is 17.....

Its a scary world indeed. I am very protective of her.

She is very mature and has standards. I hope that she stays that way. Cant wrap them in cotton wool i guess.

I hope that i have taught her good values in life. To learn from my mistakes too.

At the moment, she is not interested in dating. She is doing her A levels.

Sponsored Links
Back