Being Burgled.

Yes the keeper just came off taking some wood with it.

The gate I hope to fit will be similar to this one. Which will be fully automated....
cantilevergate.jpg

I'm told these things are very secure.
This will secure the valuables in the farm as well which are important.

Sponsored Links
Sorry to hear this.
Home security is now high on my list of priorities.
You can do this test yourself and see how you would break in, any weaken then beef it up. I have 2 solid wooden front doors with decent locks, hinge bolts, kickstop etc, window locks, 2 wooden solid back doors, patio doors anti-lift plus door runner are internal making it difficult to lift it off etc 10 cctv cameras 24 hrs recording and alarm system. The whole idea is to make it difficult to break in and hopefully they'll give up & leave the property alone. So far never has any break-in, It's sad when we have to do this but I'm afraid that's the world we live in

http://www.doorguard.org/contents/en-uk/d63_deadlockguard_buyonline.html

l_kickstop_door_p2kl.jpg

The gate I hope to fit will be similar to this one. Which will be fully automated....

I'm told these things are very secure.
This will secure the valuables in the farm as well which are important.

Someone could climb over that fairly easily though. Then they point a gun at your testy clees. You'd press the button to open the gate.

Several areas have rural 'neighbourhood watch' type schemes.

Don't neglect other methods. Such as being inconspicuous, not putting you valuables on display. Unfortunately with modern lighting systems, interior design, an mounting flats screens and other valuables for all to see, robbers don't waste time if they see an "attractive" property.

If you can afford to show off, make sure you can afford to loose and insure too, and ultimately keep these guys in business.

I can tell you an asymmetric method that actually works, call it a family trick if you like (it is dependant on they type of burglaries that are likely to occur in that area). Interestingly whilst this region in not the the highest burglary rate in the country in terms of Post code it the second highest in the country, meaning that burglars go specifically to this place to commit high value burglaries, dispite to the borough being average. It is not the richest area by a long shot, but it is an area where young professional are aspiring and beginning to settle down, and also like to show of their riches. There is also constant development, having kids, and it is rare for people to know many people in their street of stay there for long (two years on average). This environment provides the perfect backdrop for planned burglaries, because, people are constantly moving through the area.

For the past twenty years, house on either side, been burglary several times, house opposite bugled several times. Street generally a burglary hotspot. Alarms system, not really a deterrent. This house not burgled.

The trick is some shade and has some cover from bushes and a tree on the road. but on the other hand it doesn't look like hiding anything or a screen is purposely constructed, as is the case in other properties, and it is not immaculate. it is just really difficult to see in very far, although it is possible to see the window. Nothing is on display anyway.

The real genius is two door bells. They are both wired to ring and this something that was put in twenty odd years ago. I agree it really depends on the area whether this would be a deterrent but here it is perfect, with terraced town houses.

Sponsored Links
... I have 2 solid wooden front doors with decent locks, hinge bolts, kickstop etc, window locks, 2 wooden solid back doors, patio doors anti-lift plus door runner are internal making it difficult to lift it off etc 10 cctv cameras 24 hrs recording and alarm system.
I am planning to come round and steal all his security equipment :LOL:

Due to my dads job I lived in a house (no our own), where most of the doors especially to the bedrooms. had reinforced doors. The only area where they weren't reinforced, doors was ironically the front to central room stairwell and the kitchen entrance at the back. But it made sense in this property. The main security was for the people not the valuables. In another place in a war torn country the upper floor was able to be cut of except for an escape passage which came up under the offices in the compound.

However the diy jobs that some drug dealers use, are still not a good as a simple plastic door. Try and breach a plastic door and it bends an buckles, can takes so many strikes before the police are able to get in 50+. Of course they could just drill the lock but they don't think of that do they.

you can also cut a convenient entry hatch through a plastic door with a good-quality breadknife.

you can also cut a convenient entry hatch through a plastic door with a good-quality breadknife.
True, still police go equipped with dynamic rams and wonder why they have trouble. This is why the fire service own.

... I have 2 solid wooden front doors with decent locks, hinge bolts, kickstop etc, window locks, 2 wooden solid back doors, patio doors anti-lift plus door runner are internal making it difficult to lift it off etc 10 cctv cameras 24 hrs recording and alarm system.
I am planning to come round and steal all his security equipment :LOL:
After all that, I've got nothing worth nicking apart from the cameras :rolleyes: :LOL:

An ordinary Yale? What does your insurer say about that then?

his house was occupied at the time by the nephew.

My own insurance requirements (and I think this is quite usual) only specify that the BS deadlocks and window locks shall be operated when the house is unoccupied, or when the last person is going to bed.

but I agree a standard Yale is not much use except for stopping a door blowing open in the wind.

The real genius is two door bells. They are both wired to ring and this something that was put in twenty odd years ago.

I'm obviously missing the 'genius' of this idea. Two doorbells ???? I've re-read your post a couple of times and i'm none the wiser.
I don't get it. :confused:

It is not just the burgulary and the items they take but your nephew will be affected by this for a long time and has probably already stated he wants to move home, personally I would like to see the scumbags shot dead ...just a reminder I know a couple of years ago the night your home is most likely to be broken into is NOV 5TH ...probably because everybody ignored the bangs

The real genius is two door bells. They are both wired to ring and this something that was put in twenty odd years ago.

I'm obviously missing the 'genius' of this idea. Two doorbells ???? I've re-read your post a couple of times and i'm none the wiser.
I don't get it. :confused:
two doorbell means a house split into flats, typically occupied by people with less disposable income, it also means there is people kicking about at different times.

two doorbell means a house split into flats, typically occupied by people with less disposable income, it also means there is people kicking about at different times.

I did consider that may be the answer, but to be honest I was hoping it wasn't...... :LOL:

That's madness. Why not buy six for super safety.

The last thing a burglar, prowling around the exterior of your house at night, wants to have anything to do with ......IS doorbells.

Blocks of flats with hundreds of door entry bells/buzzers are burgled all the time.
In fact I would go as far as to say it would be a huge attraction, more than a deterrent for your house. Double the swag.

Sponsored Links
Back