Home security advice from a noob for noobs (Shock sensors)

With beams, what if you've got parked cars in the driveway.
You park them out of the way
How do they work exactly, are they just one line that goes across the front of your property? or do they cover an area?
Yes a line, inside the boundary, but can be a set distance no need to be at the perimeter or at the property

Whats to stop someone just climbing over or crawling underneath the beam?
Correct setting out and positioning and not advertising them

Can anyone recommend any specific products beams or pir detectors that will give a low false alarm rates.
Beams inherently have a low false alarm rate. Takex for instance is one make.

Are we talking gjd pir detectors?
No, but they are another possibility

P.S. I did check the NIS website for installers, most on there deal in internal burglar alarms, one guy even told me that I was after something that hadn't been invented![/quote]
What questions were you asking? Although the one saying not invented does seem a little strange.

Sponsored Links
"What questions were you asking? Although the one saying not invented does seem a little strange."

I was asking, I'm looking for perimeter security, in that, if someone steps onto my property, I want to know about it.

In order to reduce the false alarm. The beam detectors are based on dual beams detection.

People also can try to use triple and quad beams active infra-red beam detectors. By the way, the installation for the height of active infra-red beam sensor is adjustable.

The beam detector consist of transmitter and receiver, for point to point detection. You can install one beam detector in each of your house side to create a square ( or triangle) sharp invisible fence.

By the way, the beams with hundreds feet of protection range.

For the outdoor sensors, there are many motion sensors for outdoor installation. These outdoor sensors adopt PIR + Microwave technology to reduce the false alarm, so that you will not worry about the false alarm rate.

These outdoor sensors adopt PIR + Microwave technology to reduce the false alarm, so that you will not worry about the false alarm rate.

Go on then explain how a DT is less prone than beams.

Sponsored Links
Hi I appreciate all the comments, and would like to chip in. Firstly and most unfortunately Security is considered a Grudge Purchase, your Inurers order you to have an alarm fitted, so the poor security installer is already on the back foot having to deal with the grude animosity of having to pay money out. To set the record straight Security Companies DO NOT MAKE LARGE PROFITS, and most certainly all the honest hard working SMEs are not Profiteers. Then they have to deal with every callout they carry out with the Customer bartering to get the callout credited. You would not go back to Kwik Fit expecting a refund if you get a puncture but alas many Security Clients expect refunds on callouts, because a part of the alarm on the far side of the warehouse on the deliver shutter was only repaired last week and now you came out to repair a keypad in reception "I am not paying, you are ripping me off". So many Customers do not understand an alarm is made up of components. For example Roller Shutter contacts magnets simply do not fallout from the amalgamated sealant fixing, but Customer expect a credit for this (they dont tell you that the Roller Shutter is on a hand chain pulley system and when it is closed, like the warehouse operative is ringing the bells at Notre Dame, the poor Roller Shutter magnet hits the floor with a G force of level 9!) and the wonder why the Roller Shutter contact has gone faulty!!!!

I have plenty more stories

Customers seem to think if you have not invoiced them within 3 months they are entitled to NOT be invoiced.... the law states you can back track 6 years to charge for a service.

The ONLY TIME SECURITY IS NOT A GRUDGE PURCHASE is when poor mr Business owner finds his car park has turned overnight into a travellers campsite, then suddenly the SECURITY COMPANY is his best freind.... if peeves me right off that Security is a Grudge Purchase.... a Plumber is a hero when he stops a leaky pipe, a Gas Fitter is a life saver when he seals a gas leak.... by the Security Company is considered akin to Estate Agents or Bankers... the next time I get a Client write NOT PAYING on a job docket, I dream of the scene from Lock Stock and 2 Smoking Barrells when the Guvnor is dunking a debtor in a barrell of water "are you gonna pay", LOL!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back