Being Naive with Fridge Freezer - Beware.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a fridge freezer (a Logik model L50BS22) in March to replace the one in my garage. It worked perfectly up 'til December when it stopped freezing.
Service engineer said it was because the weather is too cold and the thermostat wouldn't operate below a certain temperature.
He demonstrated this by pulling out the thermostat wire and holding it - the heat of his hand was enough to start the compressor.
The moral of this story is if you want a fridge freezer to operate in an out-building ensure you get one that is fit for this purpose !
I didn't realise there was this distinction and just thought you ought to know.
Merry Christmas

Sponsored Links
From the manual:

"LocationWhen selecting a position for your unit you should make sure the floor is flat and firm, andthe room is well ventilated with an average room temperature of between 16°C and 38°C.Avoid locating your unit near a heat source, e.g. cooker, boiler or radiator. Also avoid directsunlight as it may increase the electrical consumption. Extreme cold ambient temperaturesmay also cause the unit not to perform properly. This unit is not designed for use in a garageor outdoor installation. Do not drape the unit with any covering"

Yes I see that now.
Pity the manual was in the packaging and hence not availablr 'til the beast was bought.
Hey ho.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back