Beko ca5411ffs fridge freezer - faulty

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Looking for advice about my fridge freezer. Its about 4 1/2 years old and seems to have stopped working. The light still goes on in th fridge, but the food in the freezer has partiallly defrosted. There is no noise coming from it. We tried turning off and on, and changing the temperature inside but it still isn't working. Is it worth getting someone out to look at it or should we just look for a new one

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
is the temperature in the room at least 15 degrees day and night!!!

ambient temprature affecting a stat in a frigde is a myth as it only senses temprature in the "box" to prove this I put a fridge in a freezer room and it maintained 0 to 5 C then left in it direct sunlight for 6 hours same result.
Turn it of, pull the fridge out from the wall leave it off for 30 mins door open, then go round the back listen at the compressor and get someone to turn it on if it trys to start and fails, stops, or clicks once, jumps and does nothing else the compressor is at fault if it does absolutly nothing except puts the light on then the compressor is not getting a start signal IE no current if you are confident with electricity there are various test you can do however electricity can and will kill so if your are dubious get a fridge guy in
Dev

definitely not a myth :D
assuming there is only one compressor and one thermostat
there is a direct correlation between outside and inside temperature
if the fridge freezer is stored in a garage that never gets above 5 degrees the freezer will thaw out

on the same token if the fridge freezer is in a conservatory thats constantly at 40 degrees the freezer will be well below -21 degrees

anywhere in between the freezer temperature will vary wildly from plus3 to minus say 25 degrees

the fridge temperature is fully governed by the heat transference when you open the door and through the insulation

Sponsored Links
Bi al sorry mate I april fooled you but at least you know what your on about the advice to the OP as to fault finding stands sorry bud
Ps my obverse sense of humor (migration of heat etc) to prove al's point

Bi al sorry mate I april fooled you but at least you know what your on about the advice to the OP as to fault finding stands sorry bud
Ps my obverse sense of humor (migration of heat etc) to prove al's point

absolutley brilliant hook line and sinker :D :D :D :D

having a laugh is what its all about :LOL: :LOL:

i can give i can also take ;)

I have a big Beko Fridge and Freezer that stopped working a few days ago and that got me worried. I went to a local repair shop and the technician told me to reset the timer at the back of the fridge and bingo it started to work again.

If you check behind the fridge on the left hand side and beside the compressor there is a white housing. This is where the timer is. Open it and reset it. Though the technician told me to leave the fridge on while I do it, I switched off before I handled it. When you turn it clockwise it will click at a point and it is at that point you stop.

With timer problem, your fridge compressor will be cold when the fridge is on otherwise it may be its thermostat.

Goodluck mate

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back