BEKO dishwasher filling itself with water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have just bought a brand new dishwasher - BEKO DWD4311 - it worked OK for a couple of weeks but now it is mysteriously filling with water when not in use. We purchased a new washing machine at same time - shares the same outlet and that is working fine. We don't think that is water coming back in after a wash as its all good clean water and we don't think its the shared trap as both appliances were not running at the same time when it started happening. Obviously its under guarantee so we can call service but has anyone any ideas what might be causing it... before I call them out and find out its some user error and I get charged for abortive callout. Many thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
If it fills with "clean" water when not in use the inlet valve is defective. If it fills with "dirty" water you have a plumbing issue.

It could still be a plumbing issue with clean water, turn off supply to DW and you can confirm problem.

There is an electrically operated (failsafe closed) valve between the tap & the machine. A faulty valve is a machine problem....broken taps are plumbing issues. Since water flows from the tap to the machine the tap obviously does what it is supposed to do...allow water to flow. Unless the water pressure is extremely low there is something wrong with the valve. If the machine is brand new make a warranty claim.

Sponsored Links
There is an electrically operated (failsafe closed) valve between the tap & the machine. A faulty valve is a machine problem....broken taps are plumbing issues. Since water flows from the tap to the machine the tap obviously does what it is supposed to do...allow water to flow. Unless the water pressure is extremely low there is something wrong with the valve. If the machine is brand new make a warranty claim.

Many thanks for useful info - I did make a warranty call after your first post and the Beko people said "Oh yes, that sounds like a faulty valve" - I was just doubting my husbands DIY skills as it was a brand new machine and worked for first 2 weeks! The previous machine did not do this so I think its probably the machine rather than the plumbing. Thanks again.

You did the right thing. If you perform DIY on a machine under warranty & they find out it could cost you your guarantee.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back