BEKO DVC563 COOKER - MAIN OVEN NOT WORKING:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I posted the query below a few days ago and I'm wondering if it's the correct forum? The last time I posted a query (some time ago, on a different topic) I got a few responses on the same day. Is this the austerity I've been hearing so much about??!.....

Hi - I have a Beko DVC563 electric cooker and the main lower oven is not working. The indicator light does not come on, the fan doesn't turn and the interior light doesn't come on (plus no heat!). The top oven and hob are working.

I believe the element was kaput and my son replaced it, but the problem remains. Could the sensor/switch cause all these problems? Does it fail safe or will the element continue heating until failure (as may have happened)? Can the old (or a new) sensor/switch be tested OUT of the oven with a multimeter and will it work at room temperature ie if the temperature switch is turned up, the sensor will break the circuit if gently heated (with a lighter?)? Any help/advice appreciated.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back