Beko oven fan blade stops turning after 10 minutes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone
Our Beko oven fan started to stop running after a dozen of minutes when the heat is on
I tried to see if it was coming from the motor so did the same experiment without turning on the heat and the fan blade does not stop even after 20-30 min
Do you think it is just a thermostat issue and changing it with something like that: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Beko-Main-Oven-Cooker-Thermostat/dp/B00ALSZVZ0 would fix the problem or there could be other rootcauses? Many thanks!

Sponsored Links
Welcome to DIYnot!
I don't see how changing the oven thermostat would make any difference to the running of the fan. Perhaps the oven heat is affecting the fan motor bearings and has dried out their lubrication? If you can access the motor bearings, I'd try lubricating them.

Thanks a lot Alec!
We have done some more experiments this morning.
After running for 10 minutes at 250 degrees, the fan blade start stopping and soon after the heat element and the heat light at the front stop. 2 minutes later the heat element and the heat light turn on again (not the fan blades) and then it turns on and off every minute or so.
I have read this bit; https://www.cookerspareparts.com/news/post/what-to-do-when-your-oven-keeps-cutting-out and the overheating seems to be the issue here. I am not enough DIY to work the motor bits but I have changed the element and the motor once in the past, I am just not to sure which parts to change between the fan motor and thermostat, and I am not even 100% sure to have identified the rootcause :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back