Beko oven repair issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You
I have a beko oif22300 electric oven that is not heating up and the fan is not working. The grill and the light operate just fine. Would it be a coincidence that the fan and the element have both stopped working at the same time?. In other words should I just replace them both or can this be another problem?

Sponsored Links
First check would be the timer,is it in a cook position ?
Then knobs,are they in the correct position ?

Great,are you competent in using a multi meter to test live electrics ?

Sponsored Links
Not live electrics and I don't have a meter, I know that I could test the element once removed

FFS get someone in to make a repair,just thinking about your safety.

Thanks for the advice, which I assumed was the purpose of this forum-
What I really wanted to know was whether there is a separate fuse/circuit which may explain the failure of both of the parts going at once.

What I really wanted to know was whether there is a separate fuse/circuit which may explain the failure of both of the parts going at once.
If the makers dont supply an internal wiring diagram of your appliance then its not a diy job,if you have the wiring diagram,please post it here for consideration,

Maybe buy a new oven,could be cheaper and quicker than attempting a repair.(also safer).
Although repairs can be attempted its best to go through a fault finding exercise with measuring tools to determine the fault,have you pulled the oven out and looked at the circuits ?.

You cannot do anything without a multimeter or other testing device. It could well be just an overheat stat that has gone open circuit removing the supply from both the fan & element, but you will not be able to tell. Neither can you test the element nor the fan.
Given your lack of expertise & equipment I do not think you have an option but to call in someone who has. Even a local electrician should be able to narrow the fault down & tell you if it is viable to repair the oven, but ask for an estimated call out charge because as R & R says it may be not much more to buy a new oven & have it installed by the delivery crew.

Thanks for the help people, it is wired to a standard plug which fits into a electrical socket and not directly to the mains supply.-,
Here is a link to the wiring digaram pdf
Screenshot_2017-05-27-14-22-56.png

The control knob could be faulty, thus not sending power to either circuit. You still need a multi meter and the knowledge of how to check it tho.

The fan had been squeeling prior to the faults, surely thus would denote a fan fault and both control knobs operate the grill fine

Ok, it could be the fan and the element, or it could be something else. Needs testing for proper diagnosis.

We dont know how old the oven is so buying a new one could be cost effective ,they retail at around (beko) £150

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone for the advice- fitted a new element and fan on it yesterday (amazon prime £18),and works like a dream

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back