Beko Integrated D/wash extreme pump wear

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all,

Awoke this morning to an A01 error on Beko DIN59420D dishwasher, just over 3 years old. Sure enough base of machine full of water, cleaned it up and ran again. Pump is dripping, so taken out and stripped...

Holy crap! At least one of the plain rotor bearings has visibly worn away, the rotor has touched down on the inside of the plastic housing and has ultimately machined its way through the plastic to create a leak path into the stator area - pretty serious!

Partly I just want to rant somewhere that a 3 year old dishwasher can digest itself in such a terminal manner but also a few questions for anyone out there in the know!:

- Is this common? Are Beko DW's generally this crap? I will also rant at/contact Beko to see if they have a new part number of pump that might also fit this machine without the self-digestion feature. I have a well used Beko washing machine so was holding them in reasonable regard before today
- anyone know why this might have happened? Should the rotor be wet or did a seal go first? I'm assuming something abrasive got in there as opposed to cavitation or similar..but I would have thought the obvious suspects, limescale or solid salt, wouldn't be hard enough...

The pump has an integrated heater and PCB so is £100 cheapest I've been able to find it. I'll probably repair it and save up pennies for a more durable one in about another 3 years I guess...

thanks in advance...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-22 211459.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-12-22 211459.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot 2022-12-22 211420.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-12-22 211420.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot 2022-12-22 211348.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-12-22 211348.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 31
Sponsored Links
There used to be a lot of different posts about problems with Beko appliances so I always got the impression they were poorly made. I have not seen so many lately so perhaps things are getting better nowadays.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back