Beko ovens

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just bought two beko ovens The installation guide say minimum fuse protection 16A and total consumption 3.1 kw per oven. I have run one 6mm cable to run both of these ovens.

Please can someone advise if this is sufficient.

The cables run through a void under the floor and is about a 6 meter run.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
These are not designed for UK as max watts for UK 13A supply considered as 13A so to provide 16A needs fuses or MCB's that will not fit in a standard fuse connection unit so one has to consider where the protection device is to be fitted.

If you have a sub main with a mini consumer unit in kitchen then great other wise looking at individual cable to each oven so each can be protected with 16A fuse.

6mm cable will with some installation methods take 58A if 90 degs rated and clipped direct but with 70 deg rated and ref method 103 it is only 23.5A likely you are using ref method 100 which then allows 34A but until you say what the installation conditions are and exactly what cable is being used can't answer the question.

Since ovens normally fitted where there are food preparation areas the room is considered as kitchen so will come under Part P. With such high charges from LABC in real terms it is not a DIY job.

I was a bathroom fitter and got tades in regular. Wasa plumber so looking for a little trade support. Thinkng of putting a 32 amp breaker to cover both. I will get it all checked and part P to whatever the regs are up to now (18th?).

Please can you try to put it in terms that i would give if answering your plumbing problems.

Many thanks.

Is anything else (like an electric hob) being supplied by this circuit?
If not, 6mm2/32A breaker sufficient for both appliances even at full load. No need to run separate circuits fused at 16A each, although this might be considered more elegant and proper.
Both appliances must be no more than 2m away from the cooker switch.
Note 16A is the minimum rating for the fuse or MCB.

Sponsored Links
A 32A circuit is fine.

6mm cable to a single isolating switch in the wall.
6mm cable from the switch to a dual outlet plate behind the ovens.
4mm heat resistant flexes from the outlet plate to each oven.

Dual outlet:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back