Belfast Sink - how to avoid cabinet warp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys. Long term lurker for the odd tip and trick. Never had the need to post as other treads answered my questions. This one I can't find an answer too, probably because I'm not searching the right way... Here it goes.

So we have a Belfast sink, fitted two years ago. No immediate issues.

However, when water drips over the outside edge (children!), it trickles down on the outside and instead of dripping down on the floor it creeps in-between the sink and the cabinet (marked area in picture below).

This is starting to make the laminate warp a tiny bit. I am worried for the longer term effects and was wondering if it is safe / smart to fill this gap with silicone or other filler.

So here is the question: should I fill the gap at the bottom of the belfast sink (where it sits on the cabinet). And if so, what should I fill it with ?

Many thanks for your help.Hope question and picture is clear enough...

IMG_7313.jpg

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    222.6 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_7313.jpg
    IMG_7313.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 77
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back