Belfast sink with no units either side - question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello! I'm having a garage conversion done soon (it's going to be a dog/utility room) and I'm just researching my units. I'm basically using the under stairs space for my utilities. So I'm planning to have from left to right - a freestanding washer, then a belfast sink and unit, then a freestanding dryer and then a tall cupboard with an oak worktop going across the top of the washer, sink and dryer.

...So my problem is, with the belfast sinks there will obviously be no top of the unit to support the worktop with their being no units either side. So can I attach end panels to a belfast sink base unit which go higher than the unit up the sides of the sink to support the worktop? Also could I attach end panels to the left most wall and also the tall cupboard to the right to support either end of the worktop?

Or is there a better way to do it?

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I would love a special custom made stand, but i don't want to spend much as its only a utility and i'm also restricted on space so i need a standard 600mm width unit. I'm just going to use a flatpack belfast sink carcass unit but just wondered if having standard end panels either side would be sufficient to support the worktop.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back