Bell 801 Door Buzzer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I recently moved into a flat and the buzzer isn't hooked up. The previous owner left a handset and the wires are there but I have no idea which wire goes where. Can anyone help?

upload_2017-6-30_15-1-46.png

upload_2017-6-30_15-2-31.png

Sponsored Links
Can you have a look at one of your neighbours handset wiring ,the handset may well be different but it will be a start to sort out where the wires go.
The wire you are holding,were any cores twisted together ?
Do all the wire ends have the insulation removed ?
Are there any screw marks on the end of any wires ?

Only options without blowing the transformer fuse is ...A look in another handset ( best option ) or B look in the entry panel and take note of the colours

Cheers, I'll ask for a look at my neighbours. The wire was exactly like that when I moved in.

Sponsored Links
Just a point is it the same handset as the others. Plus post a picture of the entrance panel . There's been that many posts on here with people thinking they can fit any handset on any system !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back