Phone entry buzzer issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

So I recently made an attempt to change my door entry phone for my flat. The old handset was an Urmet 1131 with an electronic buzzer. The new handset is a Videx V-3001. I made the switch after getting hold of Videx support and find out what cables go where and managed to get everything working including; mic, speaker, door unlock button. The buzzer, however, didn't! :(

I've reconnected the old handset to at least get the functionality of the buzzer back but unfortunately now that handset's buzzer doesn't work, despite being very careful to put all cables back where they originally were.

I have checked with neighbors and their buzzers/systems seem to be working fine.

I'm conscious that maybe I've shorted something or blown a transformer but if that was the case wouldn't everyone else's system be down?

Any help/advice massively appreciated. I'm stumped!

Update: I've now got full functionality after realising I'd made an incorrect connection - buzzer line was connected to AC buzzer terminal :/ Doh! Buzzer now works as per old handset. However, speech coming through from the handset is very quiet and speech coming out of the outside panel is also v quiet. Buzzer button on the outside panel also needs to be pressed MUCH harder for it to ring compared to the old handset. Can't see a a way of boosting the volume from the new handset!

My initial thought was insufficient voltage? Perhaps the old handset operated fine at lower voltage but new one has additional resistors built in? Not sure and certainly not electrically minded so I might be way off the mark with this guess!

Thanks again for any help!

Old handset:
http://www.intercomsrus.com/handset pdf/Urmet 1131 Intercom Handset Data Sheet.pdf

Here's a pic of the wiring on the old handset if it helps:

upload_2020-6-27_12-14-57.png

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Update: I've now got full functionality after realising I'd made an incorrect connection - buzzer line was connected to AC buzzer terminal :/ Doh! Buzzer now works as per old handset. However, speech coming through from the handset is very quiet and speech coming out of the outside panel is also v quiet. Buzzer button on the outside panel also needs to be pressed MUCH harder for it to ring compared to the old handset. Can't see a a way of boosting the volume from the new handset!

My initial thought was insufficient voltage? Perhaps the old handset operated fine at lower voltage but new one has additional resistors built in? Not sure and certainly not electrically minded so I might be way off the mark with this guess!

Thanks again for any help!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back