bell box wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear all,

I have just had to repalce a faulty Yale (wireless) bell box and chose to buy one from a local screwfix outlet. Problem is I cant figure out the wiring between the two and could realy do with a little expert advice

Control Panel
BELL TRIG
STB TRIG
+12V
-12V
BELL TMP (LEFT)
BELL TMP (RIGHT)

Reson8
STB-
TRIG-
HOLDOFF-
HOLDOFF+
RTN

Ican get it working and sucessfully tested but after a few mins the box starts to 'squark'. Im assuming I have the wiring wrong.

Any advice much appreciated.
Regards
Paul

Sponsored Links
Control Panel
BELL TRIG = TRIG-
STB TRIG = STB-
+12V = HOLDOFF+
-12V = HOLDOFF-
BELL TMP (LEFT) = RTN
BELL TMP (RIGHT)

I would say is right, only thing is the bell tmp left and right, i would be inclined to meter them to see what you get.

as for the squark, it may be the panel is not up to supplyimng the bell box current as the batteries may be flat (in the bell) check the voltage at the bell (hold off's) it should be 12v

or it could be its wired wrong (cant see that making it squark after a few mins, strait away yes)

if you can set unset alarm ok do it again and set it off, if everything works as it should and there is 12v at the bell in alarm the box is in error, but i would check ever thing else first

Thanks Breezer

I have been trying something simular (but with the BELL left and right linked out to isolate it for now)

I think the wet / previously damaged bell box has killed the control panel. There is 4.75V on the TRIG o/p (disconnected). Thus when this is connected to the 14V in the bellbox its having an adverse afffect (squarks). The STB o/p is 14V. I think they should be the same?

I have tested it now with both the TRIG and SRN connected to the control panel SRN o/p and have no odd squarks! Problem is the unit now sirens whenever the alarm is set.

Looks like a new panel! Not good!

Sponsored Links
well it is a yale piece of junk.

what is the hold off voltage?

near to 14v

i just got through to yale and although he fobbed me off he said it may be incomatible with the reason8. which is maybe due to the voltage difference.

im going to wait and call yale monday. it may be that i need to replace the bell box with another the same as the old one

just annoying as its wasted my time!!

The only thing that relly concerns me is the left and right tamper,

not seen that before, but every thing else should be ok,

this 14v is it with the new siren connected?

no its pulled down to 11v. squarking stops when u lift the SRN wire.

looks like compatability issue. Di Yale use 5V for SRN and 15V for STB? Either that or the control panel is FU!

The only thing that relly concerns me is the left and right tamper,

not seen that before, but every thing else should be ok,

this 14v is it with the new siren connected?
Surely the left and right hand tamper pair at the old Yale box is just a closed circuit pair from a micro switch, the 'old way' of doing it?

you mean voltage free?

if hats so then his new siren is sending 12v down the return

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back