Bell Wire

Hmm - Pyro, why must it be solid? We use stranded all the time for firing theatrical pyro - in fact the standard Le Maitre pyro cables are just 3 core flex. What's different about this application, I wonder?

Sponsored Links
I remember the bit about 1 volt drop, from last time. But didn't you also talk about firing more than one at a time? That complicates things somewhat.

Hmm - Pyro, why must it be solid?

Personal preference really, like most firework firing systems mine has speaker terminals for the cue wires to go into, and with stranded wires it is very easy to have some strands 'escape' and short to other escapees or nearby terminals. Also it is easier to extend the ignitor wires with solid as they have solid cores too.

This wiring is for firing single ignitors - different scenario to my multiple firing post :)

Oh - where can I find a small keyswitch that will let me remove the key ONLY in the OFF position ? Maplins ones allow the key out in any position.

Reason being my firing systems key can be removed in any position, so I want to change it.
If the key is inadvertently removed in the ON position, anyone with the remote can still fire the cues . . . not good ! :eek:

Sponsored Links
I'm glad it's not just me who spends their spare time building pyro firers :LOL:

IMGP32962.jpg

:D :D

Ha Ha, ver. 7 I am still thinking of making version 1 !

I am going to have to find a way of extening the wireless one I have, it has 20 cues but at times I could use 10 x that many ! must be a way somehow.

My one is the same as this one - except it has cues 19 and 20 instead of input and output.

IMGP0130.jpg

Instructions - http://pyromate.com/PDF/18shot.pdf

Oh - I think I found a keyswitch that might do for replacing the one on this system -
SPST COMMON 1 POSITION KEY SWITCH RC 79-0314

http://www.rapidonline.com/producti...erated+switches&moduleno=75716&catref=79-0314

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back