Bell wiring question

the Ring Video Doorbell Pro I was trying to install
There was no mention of that in the first post!

The instructions in that link are not very clear, and are more suited to USA doorbells.

Simply connect one of your bell push wires to one of the transformer terminals.
Connect the other bell push wire to one end of the red wire supplied with the Ring, using the orange and grey connector supplied.
Connect the other end of the red wire to the other transformer terminal.

Sponsored Links
Thank you very much,

two additional questions:

1. If I unscrew the traditional push bell, there are three exposed bell cables, White, in addition to blue and orange. Do I just connect up the blue and orange to the terminals at the back of the new bell and tape up the white one ?

2. You mentioned the above diagram looked like it was for the US. I found this other one: https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/a...-doorbell-direct-to-16-24-VAC-Transformer-US-

Is this along the same lines ?

I found this other one:
Yes, wire it like that.
If I unscrew the traditional push bell, there are three exposed bell cables, White, in addition to blue and orange. Do I just connect up the blue and orange to the terminals at the back of the new bell and tape up the white one ?
The push cable shown in photo 1 has 8 wires. Just pick 2 and use the same 2 at the other end.

Sponsored Links
What parts have been supplied in your ring kit?
What do the instructions provided with the product you have say?
One minute the instructions mention a red bypass wire with fuse, then they are mentioning a pro power kit.

It's all perfectly unclear.
This setup is designed to bypass the chime kit completely which means that the chime kit will not ring when the Pro is triggered.
It's a silent doorbell that costs £159.
To make it work, you must connect a bit of wire between some other unspecified wires inside something or other.

A big thanks to Echo The Husky and the others that posted here. Thanks to all your excellent help and guidance. I managed to set up and install my Ring Video Pro Doorbell

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back