Bellbox problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i am a newbie and trying to change my Novagard bellbox for a Reson8 one but theres a link in novagard and doesnt show a link in reson8 do i just omit this,help would be grateful,thanks

novagard
IMG-1468.jpg

reson8

IMG-1467.jpg

Sponsored Links
Not sure what your issue if its just a replacement for a single sounder or is there more than one sounder?

if its a single bell box the wiring for the reson8 should be fine as is.

Sponsored Links
ok thanks for your help

sorry just one more question ,why does it have a link on the other one,whats that all about,thanks

Was going to try and explain it, but thought better of it.

It is important to state if its one or two bell box's, the panel and the makes of the bell boxs being used hance why i asked as it would potentially change things

Tamper Return (R) and a Tamper Feed (F)

One bell box only needs the Tamper Return (R) going back to the panel, so the Tamper Feed needs to be closed off, ie taken to 0v.

If you have two bellbox's then the Tamper Feed(F) feeds the next bell box's tamper return, but the tamper feed (F) in the second box is going nowhere so that must be linked to 0V circuit completed

That is just so the tamper works correctly if you have one or two bell box's. Unfortunately every manufacturer has bellbox's that work similarly but not the same, its usually the tamper and the strobes that work differently

It is in the Novaguard manual I believe.

The reson8 doesnt have a tamper feed.

had to ask if it was one or two bell boxes, then i would have asked which models they are.

hi,changed the bell box are the LED lights suppose to flash when the alarm is not set,thanks

hard wired bell box's with comfort leds should flash whilst powered up, in some bellboxs how the leds flash may indicate the state the bell box is in. Tamper, engineer mode etc.

Wireless bellboxes tend not to flash or have the option to turn it on or off, having them turned on can significantly affect the battery life.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back