Bench Radiator Valve problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I fitted a bench Radiator a while ago in the hall, its now time for me to put the new flooring down, the problem i have is there is so little room between the Rad and the floor that there is not any room for an isolation valve.
I tried to upload image but not working today...

Does anyone know of a split valve that allows you to remove the rad without having to drain the system down?

All the other rads i have fitted i put an isolation valve prior to the rad valve so there is only about 2" of pipe between them and very little water when removed....

Cheers

Sponsored Links
What an ugly load of carp , fitting these valves will require a drain down/snatch in any case so what is the point?

Sponsored Links
The ones I suggested shouldn't require draining down if your rad valve holds up. But any money over time the isolating tails won't budge and will stay locked open + will probably leak.

Thanks for feedback,

Jake thats the sort of thing i am thinking of, as its a wood floor going down I need something to cut off the water at floor level, my ground floor pipes run under the screed so its impossible to drain completely, in the past i have found even after draining, when the valve is removed quite a lot of water can come out still....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back