Radiator Drain down valve

16 Mar 2004
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Just drained down my system so everything is empty of water, well almost.

All my downstairs rads are fed from upstairs and whilst I have drown outlets on each one, these only drain the pipes and the radiators all together.

On one radiator I have a drain down valve incorporated into the actual radiator fitting that connects to the lockshield.

Basically it fits as normal into the rad and comes out to the normal lockshield valve. However between the rad and the lockshield is a drown down "tap" valve where I can take a little dustshield off and using radiator key drain off just the rad (obviously having attached a hose and turned off the two rad. valves at either end.)

This is great when I decorate, no more dripping nuts and trays overfilling as I attempt to take off the radiators. As all my rads are empty and it makes so much sense to do it now, does anyone know where I can buy half a dozen of these such valves. There seem plenty where the drain off valve comes after the lockshield but this is the only one I have seen that comes before.

As usual thanks for your assistance.
Sponsored Links
PLumb center used to do them.
Possibly made by Peglers - do a goog.

I was curious, yep here they are...



Many many thanks, exactly what I was looking for.
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local