Bench rennovation project

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A friend of mine saved this from being destroyed and gave it to me.

I'm curious to know what the options are? I'm in two minds about the legs, not sure whether to chop them off and re-fit anew, or try to extend the existing.

View attachment 146217

View attachment 146218

View attachment 146219

View attachment 146220

View attachment 146221

Any suggestions for strengthening it? Some non-structural parts are rotted through and will need replacing.

View attachment 146222

View attachment 146223

Open to any/all suggestions.

- Thanks

p.s. I'm posting this in the garden section as well to increase the probability of responses.

Sponsored Links
Bin it!
If other parts are rotted as well as the legs, it won't be long before the other bits catch up imo.
I suppose if some of the wood is really sound and then keep those and build yourself another bench.

Bin it!
If other parts are rotted as well as the legs, it won't be long before the other bits catch up imo.
I suppose if some of the wood is really sound and then keep those and build yourself another bench.

I think it's generally in good order overall. Looks a bit damp from the rain, but it's salvageable. Any tips of what sort/type of timber is suitable for this job?

Sponsored Links
Hard wood preferably, lasts longer. Or buy what your budget allows?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back