Bend a small offset

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to put a piece of exposed pipe into my bathroom on one of those raised toilet cisterns.

Having a look at the spacing from the wall to the pipe clips compared to the inlet on the cistern, it looks like there will be a very small offset required (say 10mm). The feed will be 15mm pipe.

I've tried it in the past but seemed to always make a balls up of it, it seems to be if the offset is smaller than the diameter of the pipe, you need to grab the pipe on the second bend more or less on the first bend, which ends up crushing it.

Would I be looking at putting a bend somewhere around 20°?

The pipe is going to be chrome so I want to avoid jottings where possible. For some awkward bends I've used 45° fittings, but that scheme won't work here.

Sponsored Links
Yes, on small offsets, you want the first bend to be small, so maybe somewhere around 20 degrees or less. Definitely not 45, or you'll never get such a small offset. With such small offsets, I sometimes find it easier to use a bending spring.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back