Bending 28mm plastic pipe.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to bend a 40cm length of 28mm plastic pipe to fit around a hot water cylinder. It will bend but I think the strain on the connection will cause it to fail. Is there a technique i.e. immersing it in boiling water then bending or will I have to use copper and hire a bending machine.

Sponsored Links
ocemeer said:
I need to bend a 40cm length of 28mm plastic pipe to fit around a hot water cylinder. It will bend but I think the strain on the connection will cause it to fail. Is there a technique i.e. immersing it in boiling water then bending or will I have to use copper and hire a bending machine.

I would forget that idea! If you must use plastic, then use a 28mm elbow which must cost a few quid :D

Copper and 45º fittings? If you anneal* copper with a blowlamp, you can bend it a little, gently, without a bender and without it collapsing. Springs are available, but I've never tried one on 28mm!

*get it cherry red for half a minute or so. Then you can cool it quickly. It'll harden a bit as soon as you bend it.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back