Bending copper pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought some 15mm copper pipe from BnQ and a 15mm internal pipe bender.

Everytime I try and put a slight bend in the pipe (to move it away from the wall to allow the taps to connect) it wrinkles quite badly on the inside of the curve.

What am I doing wrong?

Do I need to heat the pipe before bending?

Can I buy an S-connector instead of bending the pipes?

Sponsored Links
Use flexi hoses if you haven't got a pipe bender.

p2801059_l.jpg

Use flexi hoses if you haven't got a pipe bender.

p2801059_l.jpg
The taps already come with flexihoses but the pipes are so close together that it'll be a knuckle-scraping nightmare once the basin is installed.

If I could just get a piece of copper with a slight kink then straighten to move the pipes apart at the end that would facilitate things and make future work easier.

Sponsored Links
Ask someone with a bender to put a kick in it for you or persevere with the spring. :D

If I could just get a piece of copper with a slight kink then straighten to move the pipes apart at the end that would facilitate things and make future work easier.

If you can solder, use two 45 degree bends with a length of pipe between them :idea:

You are using the pipe guides along with the bender right?

Go and buy some pipe from elswhere even doing a 90 and above should not put a crease in pipe, must be ****ty copper.
You have put enough of the spring in so pipe is fully supported

you'll always get a bit of creasing as the side being bent is shorter than the other side - and the metal has to go somewhere so it makes a crease.

Maybe you are making the bend too tight. Try doing over the top part of your thigh.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back