Benditnow hand pipe bender

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would be grateful for anyone's experience of these pipe benders.

http://www.benditnow.co.uk/index.php/plumbing-machines/bhb-15-22/product/show

Anyone bought one?

Are these any good?

Never had a pipe bender myself (always annealed and used spring) and want to learn on something decent, yet I have read very mixed reviews.

Would love to buy second hand if that were the best way to get a quality product but with my lack of experience I wouldn't know what to look for. I need something I can trust, so I'll be the only weak link, so to speak.

Some people are saying the Irwin Hilmor's are carp imports, others that the Hilman is still the gold standard. I'm confused.

Sponsored Links
Hard one to answer IMO. I find it really is an each to their own with pipe benders.
Never used Bend it Now's so couldn't say if they're good or bad TBH.

I've had a pair of Rothy's for about 10 years now and find them excellent, only had to change the 15mm guide due to rounding at the edge through use.
Others swear by Hilmor's. Hilmor's are good if you do a lot of bench bending too as they have a vice grip.

Bend it now used to be a bit of an online sales site/person dealing in hilmor.
Looks like they've gone direct to the maker and had them badged up with their own branding.

UPDATE

Went ahead and bought one from Benditnow, seeing as no one here had anything bad to say. Tried it on some 15mm half-hard Cu (Black label). No kinks or ripples (my first go on a bender).

Seems like decent kit to me. Rollers can move slightly up and down their axes but no side to side wobble. Everything else feels nice and tight and smooth. Not sure the angle markings are accurate, but who cares?

The formers were nice and smooth, except the 22mm aluminium straight former which was a tad rough at the edges where it had been cut, but then Al is easy to smooth, so I just cleaned up the edges. Not tried it on 22 yet, will be doing some 22 next week though.

So far I'm happy with my purchase (and cheaper than a Hilmor at Screwfix, quick delivery etc).

Sponsored Links
Had my Rothy's nearly 15 years now.

Benders should not be shiny.

They could at least ship them "part battered" so you don't look like a plumbing Virgin when you rock up with them all pristine and in a box:cool: :LOL:

Had my Rothy's nearly 15 years now.

They could at least ship them "part battered" so you don't look like a plumbing Virgin when you rock up with them all pristine and in a box:cool: :LOL:

made me laugh :LOL:

they should also remove one of the rubber feet and replace it with electrical tape too, perhaps a choice of colour would be a nice touch

Nah, earth tape. Nothing else.

Mind you, mine I think have the remnants of one cap still. . Albeit not actually covering the edge of the handle now. . I think it is half way up the shaft. :mrgreen:

Nah, earth tape. Nothing else.

Mind you, mine I think have the remnants of one cap still. . Albeit not actually covering the edge of the handle now. . I think it is half way up the shaft. :mrgreen:

Lolol, so they all do that do they, just thought mine were a bad batch of sh*tty ends :)
I've got one nearly right through and the other end's got some black gaffa on it, need to change it for earth tape, if that's the industry standard :p

Has to be earth tape. . Stops those horrible sparks nicking them for their conduit.

Confuses them ya see. A bit like a stick insect blending into the background ;)

Right behind you Dan. Was actually thinking of roughly painting over them with some green paint so they looked cared for without looking new.

Heard a good one from a customer today, 'And there was a plumber, well, I think he was, he had paint on his clothes.' :LOL:

Though actually my customers tend to know I'm relatively new to the game, but as long as the work's good and I don't overcharge, they seem to be happy to give me more work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back