Bent Shower Water Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I was just trying to fit my shower on my newly tiled wall but when tightening the compression fixing the water pipe coming out of the wall bent. I guess I was putting too much pressure on it. Anyway, I have put an endcap on it and turned the water back on and there dosent appear to be any leaks so I guess there isnt any cracks in it, just bent.

Anyway, what I would like to know is if I can get away with leaving the pipe as it is? If i did would this effect the shower at all? If you don't think I would be able to get away with it, what should I do to fix the pipe.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
if its not leaking ...its not leaking....bending a pipe is normally ok...kinks might weaken the pipework

Well thats what I was worried about, that I had weakened the pipework. Just wondering if this would any adverse effect in the future, I guess not?

Also, because its a new shower the mains power cable dosent quite reach the connector because its got a little further to go. How would you go about lengthening it?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back