Bentone st 108 burner bolted to a Trianco boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just serviced it and cleaned up all the soot since last service year ago .It supposed to run at 115psi but unless its at 175psi it locks out. This is the pressure it ran for for the whole year. New nozzle. Electrodes set correctly now. My question is why does it have to be so high? Its sooting it all up after a year.

Sponsored Links
28 or 35 sec fuel,
boiler model and output and nozzle sizes .

FGA readings

Hi. Thanks for replying...Its a Trianco Eurostar 90 Utility. Output 26.4kW 90.000 Btu/h. Nozzle 0.85 80 EH. 28 sec fuel

Last edited:
'85 @ 12 bar is about 40 kw input. so waaaay over gassed.

check burner rating on data plate .head settings etc. could be wrong burner.
what smoke no is it ? FGA readings ????

Sponsored Links
The burner was fitted to boiler when I moved in some 10 years ago. Dont suspect that as the problem. As it has been sweet. Im not able to get FGA readings as dont have a gauge. I can tell you that it doesnt omit black smoke at outlet (chimney) whioch I thought it would of done
burner.jpg
with that amount of fuel passing through. Photo attached of burner data plate.

Try dropping oil pressure to 8 bar and reducing air shutter for clean burning.
the soot is unburnt fuel probably caused by impingement..

Absolutely no chance. Had to turn it slightly up in increments to get where I am. So even a 5psi drop will drive it to lock out. I might buy a new pressure gauge to see if its out that badly. Any other ideas or input would be appreciated.

Considering the price of fuel It would be a good move to PAY someone with test equipment to check the settings and combustion.
Are you using new nozzles or ones that have been cleaned??

Considering the price of fuel It would be a good move to PAY someone with test equipment to check the settings and combustion.
Excellent advice you just can't make any meaningful adjustments to a oil burner without combustion analysis equipment and a decent pressure gauge.
Also remember if burner not running correctly can easily be producing dangerous amounts of monoxide

Thank you for advice. New pressure gauge ordered and Ive ordered 2 gaskets one for burner and one for the face to bolt to burner.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back