Bentone Sterling 40 ST.108PL Oil Burner

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the oil nozzle is wet, then this suggests that solenoid is opening during ignition phase. The one thing you have ignored is what oil pressure are you getting at the pump? This could be your problem given what you have changed.

Hi,
Thanks for response
Could you tell me what voltage I should be getting at the coil when burner is been called for as I seem to be only getting 70 volts
Thanks

Sponsored Links
If the oil nozzle is wet, then this suggests that solenoid is opening during ignition phase. The one thing you have ignored is what oil pressure are you getting at the pump? This could be your problem given what you have changed.

Hi,
Thanks for response
Could you tell me what voltage I should be getting at the coil when burner is been called for as I seem to be only getting 70 volts
Thanks

Hi,
I noticed this evening that boiler was on for 4 hours and then cut out again, left it off for 40 minutes and tried it again and it fired up no bother !!!

Sponsored Links
So now you tell us that it runs for a period, then locks out, but will restart after a rest period. Classic faulty coil symptoms.

Invest in a new coil as well.

Hi Terry,
Coil seems fine measuring 2 k across parallel spades and cable is not broken, puzzled why I'm getting 70 volts at coil when burner is been called for and on a couple of occasions I was getting 220 volts even though I installed a new control box in which the connections from the coil go back to
Thanks

Invest in a new coil as well.
So now you tell us that it runs for a period, then locks out, but will restart after a rest period. Classic faulty coil symptoms.

I always said it runs for a period and then drops out after two hours, if it is the coil why am I getting 2K at spade connections on coil and cable is fine, I'm very puzzled about this.
Thanks for your time and input

Coil faults are intermittent due to an internal breakdown.
I have had them go o/c.....BUT BY THE TIME IT TOOK TO UNPLUG AND TEST they measured ok.

From your first post. I said it was a classic faulty coil symptoms. But you chose to change every thing but!!
The coil should have been first to eliminate.
quote..
Getting back to you with update:
1: I've changed the control box with brand new box
2: I've changed electrodes with brand new electrodes
3: I've changed photocell with brand new cell
4: I've changed oil nozzle with brand new nozzle

I have had them go o/c.....BUT BY THE TIME IT TOOK TO UNPLUG AND TEST they measured ok.

From your first post. I said it was a classic faulty coil symptoms. But you chose to change every thing but!!
quote..

Hi,
I know you did and appreciate your advice. I'll go and get a coil tomorrow.
Thanks again

quote..

Hi,
I know you did and appreciate your advice. I'll go and get a coil tomorrow.
Thanks again

Just one more thing before I purchase the coil, why am I not getting 220volts on the spades that connect to the coil when the burner is called for
Thanks

quote..

Hi Terry,
Just letting you know that I bought a coil for the burner and installed it over the weekend and it seems to be working fine now (fingers crossed) i would like to thank yourself and everyone for there input into resolving this issue.
Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back