Bespoke concrete lintel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evenin all,

I need a concrete lintel, 245mm wide, 700mm long and 70mm deep. I've tried a few places but no luck yet. Can anyone recommend where to get one, preferably in or near Leicestershire?
Much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
The opening is 75mm. This is what I am replacing. Not the small one above the window, but the one above that.

DSC00124.jpg

Try the yellow pages, thomspons or yell.com.
Search for Concrete - Products & Suppliers in your area, not all will supply pre-cast lintels, you'll find a lot of ready mix companies, but ignore them. I am sure someone will.
If they are a pre-cast manufacturers, it should be no problem to them to make one.
Just a shame you don't live near me, I would knock you one up no problem, not sure if we have any transport delivering around your area, if we did and you was really struggling to find one, I might be able to arrange something.

The reason a prestressed lintel is made 65 mm deep is so that it will work courses and allow for a 10mm bed. (i.e. 75mm).
In your situation 65mm will drop into position a treat.
oldun

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back