Lintel above door 9inch solid brick wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What lintel do I need for a door 30" wide above a door in a load bearing wall at the moment the wall has a window 2ft wide in place where the door will be. The wall is 9inch solid brick will it be OK to use 2 concrete lintels 70mm x 100mm

Sponsored Links
No the window is arched and is not as wide as the proposed door

so you will be removing the arched brick work above the window too?
What is above the window, regarding the load it will/is supporting?

Sponsored Links
What lintel do I need for a door 30" wide above a door in a load bearing wall at the moment the wall has a window 2ft wide in place where the door will be. The wall is 9inch solid brick will it be OK to use 2 concrete lintels 70mm x 100mm
Provided there are no unusual loadings above then a pair of concrete lintels will do.

As Noseall has said 70x100mm concrete lintels will be plenty good enough, but it will look a bit out of place if all other openings are arched.
May I make a suggestion, if you have few bob to spare, use concrete on back and a Catnic single leaf CNZ95C on the front. Salvage a few bricks from what you pull down from below window and run two course over on single leaf lintel. Better still any decent bricklayer will make up turning piece, cut two new skewbacks and run new arch over in day.
old un.

OK thank you for your help
The window is covered in render and is not arched as I thought
So I will use 2 concrete lintels
Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back