Best 8ch wired DVR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have an old Swann analogue DVR-8 2600 which has been running OK for around 6 years, but seems to have thrown a wobbly over the last couple of days - and now just goes through a cycle of trying to boot (Swann "Loading...please wait" screen, then reboots and goes through the cycle again).

Whilst I see if it's fixable in the short term, what is the thinking on the best replacement these days as I'm minded to replace it. I want to stick with a wired system and the good quality co-ax I originally put in.

I'm running five mainly 540TVL cameras, and the Swann is a D1 recorder. The resolution is OK'ish but I'd probably take the opportunity to improve it and replace the cameras for HD ones too. It's for domestic rather than commercial use so I don't want to go mad though.

Thoughts appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back