Best adhesive for wood to pre cast concrete to hold ladders

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am wanting to hang my ladders on the wall in the garage. I am trying to use adhesive to stick two lengths of wood vertically and the screw my ladder hangers onto them. This works, until I actually hang the ladders, within 24 hours the bloody things fall off taking the wood with them. Anybody got any recommendations for an adhesive that would hold this weight(triple set of ladders) please? I am looking at "sticks like sh*t turbo" but a bit fed up of repeating the job tbh :cry:

Thank You

Galey

Sponsored Links
Hi Harry, thanks for that. I can't sell into the precast concrete add it crumbles a bit even though it's only a few years old

Forget anything other than a mechanical fixing (ie screw & plug as mentioned) what are your walls made of? Got a photo?

Sponsored Links
Use a diamond core bit, the one for tiles.
Or a good bit without hammer action (bosch blue should do).

Hi Harry, thanks for that. I can't sell into the precast concrete add it crumbles a bit even though it's only a few years old

Well, glue is not strong enough and you risk them falling on you or family..

Needs photos, pre-cast doesn't normally crumble.

E5EBD2BC-2B35-4276-8862-AB6F786BB056.jpeg

Depends which type of brackets you use. Put them in a vice and twist them to shape. Where do you live I shall come and do it for you. Oh, hold on this is diy :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back