Best bathrrom Extractor fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys,

I have a 11.6 m3 bathroom - can you suggest on your experiences best extractor fan for this room. Of course the quietest

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The best one would be a very large opening window and also possible the quietest, but that would depend on your location, considering vehicular and environmental noise and the behavior of your neighbours!

Does the bathroom have a shower?
Is the fan to be wall or ceiling mounted?
Is the a loft space or simular above?

The quietest extractors are often the ones where the impellers are in-line and can be located in a loft space as this reduces the noise within the room, these will normally be ceiling mounted and access will be required to the impeller and any electrical connections, so it would need to be accessed and confirmed what your options are.

I have a Vent Axia ACM100T, which is an in-line fan mounted in the loft. It's a very quiet fan, but overall it's not quiet - the flexible conduit I used due to space restraints (and desire to not go out through the tiles) generates a fair amount of noise.

Looking back, I'd have used rigid pipe and paid extra to get a roofer to install a tile vent. Air noise can have far more impact than the fan itself.

Thanks gents,

I have had a loft conversion so may be able to break into the ceiling for extra space but will need to establish that once I start ripping everything out. Of course will need to provide an access panel too.

Cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back