Best Boiler brands...

Why not the Remeha?! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Another problem in the CC , service dept attended a year old one due to a fault , walked away because it was a side exit flue & he could not get his analyser probe in the flue elbow :) :)

Couldnt use a flexi tube , to much trouble , just clear off & call it an install fault !

Sponsored Links
you wont be able to use the built in timer on the HXi unless you buy the options board. Personally I wouldnt bother it costs as much as a new timer with more features.

you wont be able to use the built in timer on the HXi unless you buy the options board. Personally I wouldnt bother it costs as much as a new timer with more features.

I know that...ordered the options board and the RF (wireless) thermostat/controller, too...also the outdoor sensor thingy..
Those with the boiler and the flue kit and flushing and inhibitor treatments came to <£1k

I will certainly post back here and let you all know how it goes..

Sponsored Links

I know that...ordered the options board and the RF (wireless) thermostat/controller, too...also the outdoor sensor thingy..
Those with the boiler and the flue kit and flushing and inhibitor treatments came to <£1k

you'll need the smart wiring centre as welll then!

I can do it in 4 hours ;)

Good for you!!

Unfortuantely, though, you don't have a recommendation that I trust, nor have you said where are based or what your hourly rate is...

Hence I'll stick with the chap who a) is local b) is recommended c) has already quoted a price that is acceptable.

Your user name wouldn't fill me with confidence in any case...

you'll need the smart wiring centre as welll then!

I'm looking into this...My understanding (and the info from GlowWorm/Vaillant) is that it isn't necessary...
Waiting on a call back from their technical people to advise...However, if it is needed, I will get that, too...

Quick update...

A helpful tech person from Glowworm called me to give full details of what I need and the differences/benefits...

The Options Board would suffice, but isn't strictly necessary with the Climapro RF controller as it is effectively locked out when the climapro is fitted...
The Climapro would work and without the external sensor would be just fine...however, to integrate properly with the external sensor AND the cylinder 'stat, the smart wiring module is required...

Item is ordered and will be delivered in time for the weekend...

Right...post install update:

Plumber has completed the job...took a bit longer than both he estimated and I expected, mainly due to the only place for the new flue exit being through and old concrete window lintel (window long since removed)...
This meant his hole cutter not being up to the job and he had to return to complete on Monday eve with a new cutter...

He came back a third time last night to drain the system with the cleaner, flush and refill with inhibitor...

I actually paid him £500 (against his asked for £300) because he spent so long and was so determined in cutting the flue hole to try and get finished on Sunday...

Total cost of the job: £1500 with ALL the extras (outdoor sensor, RF stat/controller) as opposed to £2600 I was originally quoted for a boiler without the extras...

:p

I can do it in 4 hours ;)

Good for you!!

Unfortuantely, though, you don't have a recommendation that I trust, nor have you said where are based or what your hourly rate is...

Hence I'll stick with the chap who a) is local b) is recommended c) has already quoted a price that is acceptable.

Your user name wouldn't fill me with confidence in any case...

Ahh the old concrete lintol excuse, never fails :rolleyes:
I would still have done it in 4 hours, sounds a right cowboy to me, £500.00 what a rip off merchant, I would have done it for £150.00 :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Why don't you PM me your contact details...one of my work colleagues is looking for a similar job (replace a boiler and he already has the (s/h) replacement)...he lives in Stanmore and would be very keen on a cheaper job...

Be warned, though, he is extremely pedantic and will not suffer idots or poor workmanship

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back