Best boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have read the sticky notes re best boiler and the one my plumber has recommended is not listed anywhere - so that could be good or bad news!

So my question is simply what is the general opinion of Warmflow boilers please, my own preference was to go for a Grant - any advice as to which of these is better, or if there is something better would be pleased to hear from the pros out there.

Sponsored Links
Run away. Grant or Worcester Bosch are the oil boilers to go for.

Warmflow are decent boilers. RDB burners in them. Usually no problems. Made in N Ireland.

Sponsored Links
Run away. Grant or Worcester Bosch are the oil boilers to go for.

Have you worked on a Worcester Bosch condensing oil boiler?

WB oil boilers are the main ones that I fit. I know the positioning of components for servicing isn't exactly first rate but you get used to them...

How far from first rate? I couldn't settle on third rate so have invented p*ss rate for the purpose. Though that's not even a purpose it's fit for.

We fitted a couplr of the Worcestor bosch oil boilers , never again bits of plastic , looks like an ally recouperator ,( views of our oftec chap) , use trianco ,
now , stay away from the worcestors .

Warmflow = tend to leak from factory fittings

Do yourself a favour Go for The GRANT!!!!

(I don't install I only repair & service so thats honest advice!!) ;)

transam";p="1520718 said:
use trianco ,
now quote]

Condensing models are little better. Trianco used to make decent models like TRO and Eurostar. Then they decided on a cut price route with appropriately named models such as 'Contractor', 'Eurotrader', Iona (branded for Travis Perkins). At this rate they can call their next range ' Skintflint', 'Potless' or 'Ghetto'.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back