Best Boilers

Sponsored Links
I think most of the Vaillant range have Italian heat exchangers. Word has it that Vaillant helped set up the factory.

I think the reliability of a boiler is more down to the design rather than the make of components. Vaillant have quietly moved from Grundfos to Wilo pumps with ecoTEC - but we haven't noticed any change in reliability, early days yet.

I think the respondent is going down the right lines looking at German stuff. Usually the only justification for buying elsewhere is cost.

simond said:
I think most of the Vaillant range have Italian heat exchangers. Word has it that Vaillant helped set up the factory.

I think the reliability of a boiler is more down to the design rather than the make of components. Vaillant have quietly moved from Grundfos to Wilo pumps with ecoTEC - but we haven't noticed any change in reliability, early days yet.

I think the respondent is going down the right lines looking at German stuff. Usually the only justification for buying elsewhere is cost.

Many people have said the german boilers are the best...as with cars :) Some have suggested the Worcester-Bosch CDi range - any reason I shouldn't consider it?...partly german isn't it ;)

Thanks for all your replies guys...just one other thing, need to know what paperwork I need of the installer when work is complete to make it kosher complying installation.

CDi is made in Germany, to the best of my knowledge. Most of the other Worcester units are UK made/assembled.

If you choose the right installer, some (in common with us) have access to a limited period 5 yr warranty - free to the end user on CDis fitted before the end of August.

Sponsored Links
simond said:
CDi is made in Germany, to the best of my knowledge. Most of the other Worcester units are UK made/assembled.

If you choose the right installer, some (in common with us) have access to a limited period 5 yr warranty - free to the end user on CDis fitted before the end of August.

Cheers Simond...I'm going for the Vaillant EcoMax, Viesmann Vitodens 100 or the W-Bosch Greenstar CDi...any other I should consider of similar quality?

The Wilo pump is considerable cheaper to purchase.

My considerable experience is that they are electrically much more reliable.

But the bearings are plastic, not ceramic and will wear much more if the system water is dirty.

Tony

Tinkler

Personally I think you are on the right track, but if you are buying the Vaillant the ecoTEC came out last year and incorporates a number of improvements/fixes making it a superior product to the outgoing ecoMAX.

It is also a smaller size on the wall. Vitodens 100 is a lurvely boiler....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back